I trained at the Monastic Academy from 2015-2017, and from 2018-2021. I left MAPLE to explore some new interests and opportunities, and am excited to see what’s next! My current interests include teaching loving-kindness meditation, self-therapy techniques, dance, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Zhan Zhuang, productivity, and strategy.
My name, Tasshin (達真) means to reach or achieve truth. You can pronounce it “toss shin” (that’s the Americanized pronunciation) or “toss sheen” (the Japanese pronunciation). I received this name in 2018, when I took bodhisattva vows with my teachers Shinzen Young and Soryu Forall.
I write about meditation, Buddhism, productivity, strategy, and more.
Here are the blog posts and resources that I think are my best:
- An Introduction to Buddhism
- Meditation Tips for a Lifetime of Practice
- Practicing Love
- The Benefits of Standing Meditation
- Monastic Strategy
- The Art of Alliances
- The Strategic Theory of John Boyd
- Burja Mapping Series
- The Punk Strategy Guide to the Logical Thinking Process
- I’m working for Dharma Gates, a non-profit dedicated to creating pathways to deep contemplative practice for young people. I wrote about them previously on my blog here.
- I started a YouTube channel and am posting podcast interviews and vlog updates there.
- I am also leading free weekly guided metta / loving kindness meditations on Zoom on Saturday evenings.