Hi! I’m Tasshin! I am bringing loving kindness into the world for the benefit of all beings. 💗
“All who act upon their highest motivations become a power for good.”
– Peace Pilgrim
Loving kindness, or mettā, is one of the most powerful meditation techniques that I’ve found. It’s relatively easy, extremely enjoyable – even blissful – and it can genuinely change your life.
- Learn about Loving Kindness: Practicing Love 📝
- Practice Mettā with Tasshin (live): Saturday Night Metta 📆
- Practice Mettā with Tasshin (recordings): Guided Metta Meditations 🎧
- Take the 30 Day Mettā Challenge 💗
I write about meditation, Buddhism, productivity, strategy, and more.
Here are the blog posts and resources that I think are my best:
- An Introduction to Buddhism
- Meditation Tips for a Lifetime of Practice
- Practicing Love
- The Benefits of Standing Meditation
- Monastic Strategy
- The Art of Alliances
- The Strategic Theory of John Boyd
- Burja Mapping Series
- The Punk Strategy Guide to the Logical Thinking Process
Around the Web
- Twitter: kind, introspective, curious, playful tweets 🐦
- YouTube Channel + Podcast: in-depth, intimate, inspiring conversations with a wide variety of interesting characters; experimental, exploratory vlog episodes 🎥
- Newsletter: cozy, vulnerable, inspiring, irregular updates 💌
You can support my work through Patreon. 🙏
My name, Tasshin (達真) means to reach or achieve truth. You can pronounce it “toss shin” (that’s the Americanized pronunciation) or “toss sheen” (the Japanese pronunciation). I received this name in 2018, when I took bodhisattva vows with my teachers Shinzen Young and Soryu Forall.
- I am currently in Austin!
- I have begun working on writing a book on loving kindness meditation. The draft is available here, and you are welcome to comment on it or make suggestions.
- My current interests: Sun Tai Chi, Zhan Zhuang, dance, self-therapy techniques, and marketing. ⚡️
Original writing on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0). Images by Sílvia Bastos are also licensed under the same license.
Where I use or cite other authors or creators, it is under fair use, and copyright is retained by the original creators, unless an alternative CC license is mentioned.
Some links on my page are Amazon affiliate links. If you buy something after clicking a link, you help me out without spending an extra penny. Thanks!
“tasshin.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.“