Hi! I’m Tasshin! I am bringing loving kindness into the world for the benefit of all beings. 💗
“All who act upon their highest motivations become a power for good.”
– Peace Pilgrim
Loving kindness, or mettā, is one of the most powerful meditation techniques that I’ve found. It’s relatively easy, extremely enjoyable – even blissful – and it can genuinely change your life.
- Learn about Loving Kindness: Practicing Love 📝
- Practice Mettā with Tasshin (live): Saturday Night Metta 📆
- Practice Mettā with Tasshin (recordings): Guided Metta Meditations 🎧
- Take the 30 Day Mettā Challenge 💗
I write about meditation, Buddhism, productivity, strategy, and more.
Here are the blog posts and resources that I think are my best:
- An Introduction to Buddhism
- Meditation Tips for a Lifetime of Practice
- Practicing Love
- The Benefits of Standing Meditation
- Monastic Strategy
- The Art of Alliances
- The Strategic Theory of John Boyd
- Burja Mapping Series
- The Punk Strategy Guide to the Logical Thinking Process
Around the Web
- Twitter: kind, introspective, curious, playful tweets 🐦
- YouTube Channel + Podcast: in-depth, intimate, inspiring conversations with a wide variety of interesting characters; experimental, exploratory vlog episodes 🎥
- Newsletter: cozy, vulnerable, inspiring, irregular updates 💌
You can support my work through Patreon. 🙏
My name, Tasshin (達真) means to reach or achieve truth. You can pronounce it “toss shin” (that’s the Americanized pronunciation) or “toss sheen” (the Japanese pronunciation). I received this name in 2018, when I took bodhisattva vows with my teachers Shinzen Young and Soryu Forall.
- I am currently in Portugal! 🇵🇹
- I’m working on two music video projects, using music and dance as a way to inspire others to practice metta. 😮
- My current interests: Sun Tai Chi, Zhan Zhuang, dance, self-therapy techniques, and marketing. ⚡️
Original content on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0). Where I use or cite other authors or creators, it is under fair use and copyright is retained by the original creators.