My vow is to empower the wise and loving.
- I vow to exemplify trustworthiness: I will develop my own wisdom, love, and power as a leader.
- I vow to integrate Mind, Body, and Attention: I will use every skill and capacity I have to grow as a person and leader.
- I vow to reach truth: I will strive to find awakening in this lifetime, the end of suffering, the relinquishment of all attachments. I will live up to my name, 達真: to reach or achieve truth.
- I vow to empower the wise and loving: to share the power that I have with those who are trustworthy, to teach and spread what I have learned and benefitted from.
- I vow to lead as my community asks me: I will be a teacher, a mentor, a leader, as my community needs and as the world asks.
- I vow to read, write, and speak in service of others: As a scholar monk, I will research questions that matter, and distribute the answers I find.
Civilization, Planet, Cosmos
- I vow to help monasteries flourish in the modern world: As a social institution, monasteries create the leaders we need. I vow to serve their flourishing.
- I vow to save the world: The world’s problems pose enormous existential risks, not only for humans, but for all life on Earth. We cannot hesitate to act in this moment of crisis.
- I vow to save all beings: I vow to embody the Bodhisattva ideal, to liberate all beings, to walk the path of Awakening towards complete Buddhahood.
I write about meditation, monasteries, productivity, strategy, and more.
Here are the blog posts and resources that I think are my best:
- Monastic Strategy
- The Art of Alliances
- The Strategic Theory of John Boyd
- Burja Mapping Series
- The Punk Strategy Guide to the Logical Thinking Process
- I am training at the Monastic Academy in Lowell, VT.