I aspire to see and bring out the best in all beings. This involves perceiving who people are as accurately as I can; seeing the best in them; understanding their strengths, weaknesses, growth edges, service projects; and then taking actionable steps to empower them to serve others.
This whole process—seeing someone deeply, and helping them to live their vow—is something I refer to as empowerment.
I aspire to empower the wise and loving: people with a deep commitment to being of service in the world. I wish to help them find and express their gifts, in a way that brings them deep fulfillment and the world tremendous benefit.
I believe that as I grow my own skills and network, I could build and scale an infrastructure and pipeline for systematically identifying people and supporting them in living their vows, including:
- systematically identifying skilled, beneficent people
- reflecting and supporting their gifts in relationship with them
- skillfully discerning their weaknesses, growth areas, and non-naively accounting for those in my interactions with them
- connecting people with other people that can help them as collaborators, mentors, etc.
- providing people with monetary resources at scale
- marketing and publicizing their efforts so that they are able to launch and benefit people more quickly
- discerning and realizing potential win-win-win feedback loops between various nodes in my broader network
A pipeline like this could have enormous potential for offering maximum deep benefit to the world.
- What is a Vow?: a brief introduction to the concept of a vow, “the place where what we want and what others want meet”
- Scaling Benefit: introduces the concept of maximum deep benefit, helping as many people as possible, as deeply as possible
- The Digital Productivity Coach: a personalized, self-paced productivity course I built with my friend James Stuber
- Strategy 101: an introduction to the most valuable strategy concepts I’ve found
- Learn You a Fundraising For Great Good!: everything I’ve learned about how to raise money for your service projects